- Cork Bass Tenons (2)
- Cork Extra Tenon, two piece bass joint
- Cork Wing and Bass Tenons (3)
- Cork Wing Tenon (1)
- French Bell (Metal Bell Ring)
- Gold Plating
- Two Piece Bass Joint, with special case
- Balance Hanger
- Bassoon Palm Guard
- Body Lock
- C(sharp) Trill Key Guard
- Articulated A(flat)/B(flat) Trill
- Articulated Low E/F(sharp) Trill
- Automatic Low E(flat) & D(flat) Mechanism (Cuciureanu)
- Auxiliary Low C Extension
- Auxiliary Low C(sharp) Mechanism
- Auxiliary Low C(sharp) Spatula
- Combination (Right Hand and Left Hand) E(flat) Trill Key
- Delete B(flat) Trill and move keys closer
- Double High E & F Keys
- Double High E Key
- High A Bridge to Whisper Key, with roller
- High E Key with Offset E and F(sharp) Spatulas
- High G(sharp)/A Ring Key
- Left Hand E(flat) Trill Key
- Left Thumb Spatula for Low E(flat)
- Little Finger Whisper Key
- Low C & D Spatulas for Right Thumb
- Low E to F Connection
- Offset High E & F Keys
- Plateau Key, Left Hand Third Finger
- Right Hand E(flat) Trill Key with Alternate C(sharp) Trill Key Position
- Right Thumb Whisper Key Spatula
- Single Spatula Low E(flat)/D(flat) Mechanism (Cuciureanu)
- Special Whisper Key Lock, Right Hand, Type III (rotary)
- Thumb A(flat)/B(flat) Trill Key
- Whisper Key Lock, Left Hand (Instead of Right Hand)
- Whisper Key Lock, Right Hand, Type I
- Crown on Pancake Key
- Double Wide Little Finger F(sharp), with roller
- High A Key with Roller
- Little Finger F(sharp) Roller
- Low C/D Rollers
- One Roller Low E Key
- Thumb A(flat) Roller
- Thumb B(flat) Roller
- Thumb F(sharp) Roller
- Thumb F(sharp) with two rollers
- Two Roller Low E Key
- Whisper Key/ C(sharp) Rollers
|Fox Model 601 Bassoon|
Thick Wall (Long)
Thick wall bassoons are known for their bigger and more resonant sound. The model 601 is voiced for use close to A:440 which gives it a warmer tone compared to higher pitched models. This design can deliver more power when pushed; yet can still easily handle soft attacks.The demand for power by modern orchestras prompted the introduction in 1991 of the model 601 and in 1992 of the model 660. These models feature thicker walls than earlier designs. This results in longer, larger, more resonant tone holes, and a tone quality that is bigger, yet slightly less concentrated than the standard walls of the long and short bore models. They are somewhat more work to play compared to standard wall models, but deliver more power when pushed, yet can easily handle soft attacks.
The model 601 is the longer version and is slightly lower in pitch with a warmer tone quality. It was designed and developed under the supervision of Alan Fox, in conjunction with prominent bassoonists in major symphony orchestras. Like all Fox bassoons, it features freedom of response, intonation, tonal quality, and projection that will satisfy the requirements of the most discriminating performers.
All wood naturally aged and processed in our own facilities. Long bore with natural rubber linings in the wing and small bore of the boot joint. Choice of German (white) bell ring or French (metal) bell ring. Corked Tenons.
Special resonant finish in light mahogany with flamed tiger striping. Ebony finish available on request. Silver plated keys and trim.
Nickel silver key parts, hinges, and machined parts. Full German system with high D and E keys. Right hand whisper key lock. Rollers on F, A(flat), E(flat) and D(flat). Metal tubes extending into the bore in the finger holes of the wing and boot joints to prevent water from entering the tone holes. Spring posts are locked with screws.
Tuning Basis: A:440.
Each bassoon is tuned individually to a modified just scale, with ample flexibility to accommodate the most demanding requirements.
2 professional bocals included. Unless otherwise requested, the standard bocals will include #2 and #3 lengths, *CVC* bore, silver plated.
Deluxe round corned case with case cover, neck strap, wooden crutch, silk swab and seat strap.
Within one year, the instrument may be returned to the factory for fine tuning, acoustical adjustment, and mechanical servicing, with costs limited to freight and parts.